Hello and welcome back Monday Escapers. I hope you are feeling thoroughly festive and ready for Christmas?
In between present shopping and decorating my house for Christmas I’ve been working on new posts featuring Lanzarote – 15 fun things to do in Lanzarote with kids and a video featuring highlights of the best family attractions in Lanzarote.
Celebrating a productive day with a glass of wine! 🍷I’ve published a new post today ft. the best 15 attractions for families in Lanzarote and published a video on YouTube too with highlights of the press trip with @britmums and @turismolzt … Plumber has fixed our boiler which went on strike 🙄 and I feel like super Mum for sewing loads of badges on my sons beavers jumper 🙌 (link to new post above). Hope you’ve had a productive day too?! #presstrip #familylanzarote #wintersun #lanzaroteisland
It’s my turn to host Monday escapes this week, with Claire as my co host. You will find the linky below. It’s also the last Monday Escapes for a few weeks as we’ve decided to take a break over Christmas (resuming 8th Jan), so let’s make it a good one!
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
We are also absolutely delighted to link up with Lonely Planet to offer our number one favourite blog post of the fortnight either a destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (See T&C’s below). Just another great reason to link up with Monday Escapes!
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself. As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post featured on all four, yes FOUR of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people.
Our favourite posts from last time
Karen said: “You will definitely want to visit when you see the spectacular photos in this post by Keri at Our Globetrotters. We are gutted we missed this area when we were in Oman the other week.”
Karen said: “Life as our Little Family‘s Kerri-Anne has made me determined to put Disneyland on our list for Christmas 2018. It sounds just wonderful.”
Sarah said: “This post from 5 Lost Together is so inspiring and offers so many hints and tips on how travelling the world as a family can be achieved. I feel travel is such a huge part of a child’s education and such a wonderful gift to give our children.”
Sarah said: “I love Donna from Live Love Do‘s post and itinerary suggestions for a boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads this is something I have always wanted to do.”
The winner of our Lonely Planet guide is Kerri-Anne for her post featuring Disneyland. Congratulations and give any of us a shout to organise your prize!
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. ** I am your host this week, the linky is below!**
• Please make sure to include the new Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links using #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will also show those photos some love. Please note as our Instagram community is small we’re no longer sharing our favourite posts each fortnight. But please keep using the hashtag as we’d like to continue to support our regular linkers.
Monday Escapes normally takes place every two weeks (however we are taking a break until after Christmas. We will resume the 8th January), alternating between your four hosts. The linky opens Monday at 7am to Wednesday midnight. There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab the #MondayEscapes code and come join our travel blogger community!