Welcome to Monday Escapes #45. I cannot quite believe that it is already the October half term holidays. It doesn’t seem like two minutes ago that I was taking my eldest son back to school and struggling to get back into a routine after the long summer holidays!
Before I invite you to link up I thought I would just quickly mention that all of your Monday Escape hosts, Claire from Tin Box Travellers, Karen from Mini Travellers, Sarah from Extraordinary Chaos and myself will be at the World Travel Market in three weeks. If you are planning on attending please do let us know by commenting below as it would be a great opportunity to meet in person. Once we have an idea of who is attending we will send a private twitter message to arrange to meet up!
Karen and Sarah were your hosts for Monday Escapes #44. They have selected the following four posts as their favourites…
The Curious Pixie – North Devon: Glamping Vintage Vardos style. Sarah chose this post about a galloping trip in Devon for it tempted her to camp, which is an experience that she has never been tempted to do before!
Potty Adventures – Surviving trips and expeditions with other people’s kids. David’s post about volunteering to travel with other people’s children gives faith that there are people willing to spend the time and effort to help others.
Mummy of boy, girl twins – Our family holiday (Levante Beach, Rhodes). Jess’s holiday with her gorgeous twins contains beautiful photos that will make you want to hop on a plane to Greece right now!
Pigeon Pair and Me – Are the Glenan Islands the most beautiful in Europe? Karen picked this post because she simply couldn’t believe that these photos were taken in France. The views are just like the Caribbean, and it is always fantastic to be introduced to somewhere new in Europe.
Karen and Sarah also selected these four inspirational Instagram images –
Bumble Bee Mum – Autumn image taken during a road trip around Japan
Truly Madly Kids – Image of a face in the window taken during a visit to Cambodia
Rainbeaubelle – Stunning view overlooking Knaresborough
The Curious Pixie – View of the mountains through the streets in Innsbruck, Austria
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is a place for bloggers to link up their travel memories. The linky is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others.
It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. This week Claire and I are hosting. Claire is linking up her review of the Barcelona aquarium and I am linking up tips for cruising with kids by experienced cruisers. You will find the linky over on Claire’s blog (Tin Box Traveller) Monday Escapes #45
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links using #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will also show those photos some love.
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself! As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post and/or hashtagged Instagram posts featured on all four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people. How great is that?!
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday 7am to Wednesday midnight. There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.