Lots of fun and exciting things have been happening over here at Travel Loving Family. We spent the weekend staying with old cruise ship friends in Southampton and introduced our boys to cruising with lunch onboard P&O Cruises Britannia. It is fair to say they were giddy with excitement, as these photos show, and are now counting down the weeks until our first family cruise! This week I am very excited to travel to Barcelona with Brit Mums and Costa Barcelona tourist board to discover what the region has to offer for families. However, before I finish packing my suitcase, I have the absolute pleasure of welcoming you to the new Monday Escapes!
As many of you will know, Ting from My Travel Monkey and Allane from Packing My Suitcase have decided to hand over the reins. They hosted their fabulous and inspiring travel linky for over a year and had over 160 bloggers link up more than 2,300 links. That is an incredible amount of inspiring travel stories!
Monday Escapes was the first linky I ever joined in and so when I read that they were looking for fellow bloggers to take over I knew I had to offer. Fortunately, (because linkies involve a lot of work!) I was not the only one that felt this wonderful travel community was too good to let go. Along with three of my favourite family travel and lifestyle bloggers – Sarah at Extraordinary Chaos, Claire at Tin Box Traveller and Karen at Mini Travellers we hope to continue to grow the inspiring travel community that Ting and Allane created.
What is Monday Escapes?
For those of you who have never heard of Monday Escapes and are wondering what I am babbling on about! Monday Escapes is a place for bloggers to link up their travel memories. The linky is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others.
It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. As this is our first time hosting Monday Escapes we thought it would be fun for us to get to know each other a little better! If you could link up a travel post which best defines you and your travelling experience that would be fabulous. If not the usual travel related posts are fine.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great! (This week your hosts are Claire from Tin Box Traveller linking up her recent glamping trip and myself linking up my ‘Unmissable holidays and experiences before having kids’).
• If you tweet any of us your links using #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will also show those photos some love.
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday 7am to Wednesday midnight. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a ‘Photo of the Fortnight’ via Instagram.
There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Before I ask you to grab our new Monday Escapes badge below I would just like to say a MASSIVE congratulations to one of my fellow linky hosts – Karen from Mini Travellers. She was crowned, for the second year running, the Best Family Traveller Blogger in the prestigious MAD blog awards in London on Saturday night! If you haven’t seen the reaction of her three gorgeous girls when they found out the great news you should go and check out her facebook page!
Ok without further ado, happy linking! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. The four of us are very friendly and happy to help:)