Good morning and welcome Monday Escapers. Another fortnight has passed and spring is finally here, hurrah! The last two weeks have been rather low-key as I’ve been looking after my boys who both had chicken pox. My youngest caught it just before the half term holidays and my eldest the week after the half term… he is like me and doesn’t like to miss out on the fun!
My blog has taken a bit of a back seat recently as I’ve been focusing on my new job sharing tips for setting up a travel blog and European travel inspiration over on the Trips100 website. Check the website out if you haven’t already.
This week I am linking up my review of our relaxing stay at Brooks Country House in Hereford, (which fortunately fell in between the two bouts of chicken pox!)
Back home after a fun mini family adventure in Hereford! We were invited to stay at Brooks Country House, a newly renovated Georgian Manor House. We arrived quite late and so it was dark, the stunning countryside surrounding the hotel was therefore a lovely surprise this morning! My boys loved checking out the private grounds and saying hello to the pheasants, lambs and ducks. They went to sleep last night listening to an owl! The hotel has a helicopter landing strip too #justsaying in case you fancy leaving your car at home when you visit!! 😆 #herefordshire #luxuryhotel #countrybreak #nationaltrust
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
Claire and I were your hosts for Monday Escapes #53. Our favourite posts were –
2 Travel Dads – Claire loves hearing about the places travel bloggers call home and what they recommend doing and seeing there. Rob has really sold us on a visit to Dungeness in the US.
Claire also loved this post by Dotted Line Travels. Claire had a rather disappointing visit to Pompeii last year which was nothing to do with the site – it was the quality of their guide that was the problem. Bryna’s visit to Pompeii looks wonderful in comparison. It’s given Claire an urge to return and see it her way!
I loved this post from Smart Mouse Travels. Cristin’s guide to St Louis brought back many great memories of my academic year studying in Midwest, USA. St Louis was one of my favourite places to head for the weekend!
Polly’s post from Our Seaside Baby. I am very excited about my upcoming family break at Bluestone after reading Polly’s post sharing her highlights of staying at the resort and also visiting nearby Tenby beach which looks stunning!
The winner of the Lonely Planet book this time is Claire from Dotted Line Travels please do get in touch to claim your prize!
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself. As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post and/or hashtagged Instagram posts featured on all four, yes four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people. How great is that?! Our number one favourite post of the fortnight will also win a Lonely Planet destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (*T&C’s – The chosen Lonely Planet book must be in English and can only be sent to bloggers living within Europe).
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. *** Karen is your host for this week, you can link up here.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Fortnight via Instagram.
• There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.