Good morning and welcome Monday Escapers. I hope you’ve all enjoyed a fabulous weekend. We’ve just returned from a couple of days in Windsor where we soaked up the sunshine and spent a day at Legoland! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this weather continues so that we can enjoy many of the Easter events taking place in Gloucestershire this week.
During the last Monday Escapes we were staying in St Mawes, Cornwall with friends. This week I am linking up our rather gushy review – An incredible week at a luxury holiday home in Cornwall. As a complete coincidence I also have two nights bed and breakfast in a family suite at the stunning Sands Resort in Cornwall up for grabs. You can enter our new giveaway here – Win a family break at Sands Resort Hotel & Spa, Cornwall. Worth £420!
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is a place for travel bloggers to link up travel memories and is hosted by myself, Karen at Mini Travellers, Sarah at Extraordinary Chaos and Claire, your host for this week, at Tin Box Traveller.
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene or dramatic view, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
Karen and Sarah were your hosts last week and had a tough time choosing their favourites. Here are the posts they loved…
Sarah loved the Creative Travel Guide guest poster Natalie’s honest account of volunteer teaching in Fiji, the people sound like the warmest wonderful people, this post is truly inspirational.
She also adored Ruth’s post from Tanama Tales about Vajdahunyad Castle in Budapest, not only is her photography breathtaking but the castle looks the place of dreams.
Karen loved this post by Ladies What Travel about their stay at Poets House, Ely. And the image of the bath made her want to curl up in it.
And lastly Karen was invited to visit Camp Wilderness but could’t go. She was delighted to see what fun was had that day by the lovely Kippers and Curtains Family.
The winner of the Lonely Planet book this time is Natalie from Creative Travel Guide please do get in touch to claim your prize!
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself. As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post and/or hashtagged Instagram posts featured on all four, yes four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people. How great is that?! Our number one favourite post of the fortnight will also win a Lonely Planet destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. (*T&C’s – The chosen Lonely Planet book must be in English and can only be sent to bloggers living within Europe).
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. *** Claire is your host for this week at Tin Box Traveller.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Fortnight via Instagram.
• There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.