Good morning and welcome to Monday Escapes. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks making travel plans for 2017 so my family and I to have something to look forward to when this weather starts to improve! I also started my new role as Editor over at Trips100 last week which was rather exciting. My first article was a travel linky, feel free to pop over and join in the fun by linking up your 2016 travel highlight posts!
The Curious Pixie – Las Vegas: Grand Canyon flight with Papillon Helicopters made Sarah relive her incredible trip from 5 years ago, so much so she wants to go back to Vegas and do it all again!
Travel with Nano B – Idyllic day trip to Nara was chosen for by Sarah for its stunning photos of Nara, a town rich in history and beautiful nature.
Pod Travels – A brilliant weekend exploring Berlin was selected by Karen because she felt inspired to visit Berlin after seeing stunning photos of the Brandenberg Gate and views from the Berliner Fernsehturm.
Just Go Places – Seven cities with child friendly cycle routes was chosen by Karen for being an inspiring post that will ensure kids can get out and about on bikes whilst on holiday.
The winner of the Lonely Planet book is Charly at Pod Travels! Please do get in touch Charly and let us know what guide-book you would like to inspire your next adventures.
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is a place for bloggers to link up their travel memories. The linky is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others.
It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. ** I am your host this week, the linky is below!**
• Please make sure to include the new Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links using #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will also show those photos some love. Please note as our Instagram community is very small we’re no longer sharing our favourite posts each fortnight. But please keep using the hashtag as we’d like to continue to support our regular linkers.
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself! As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post featured on all four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people.
Our number one favourite post of the fortnight will also win a Lonely Planet destination guide, or a title from the Lonely Planet Kids range. How great is that?! (*T&C’s – The chosen Lonely Planet book must be in English and can only be sent to bloggers living within Europe).
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between your four hosts – Sarah at Extraordinary Chaos, Clare at Tin Box Traveller, Karen at Mini Travellers and I. The linky opens Monday at 7am to Wednesday midnight. There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.
Grab the #MondayEscapes code!