Good morning and welcome to Monday Escapes #49. Many thanks to everyone who linked up last fortnight. Claire from Tin Box Traveller, Karen from Mini Travellers, Sarah from Extraordinary Chaos and I all hope you will join us this week for our last Monday Escapes of 2016!
Karen and Sarah were your hosts for Monday Escapes #48. They selected the following four posts as their favourites…
Snorkel and Snow’s post about diving in Fiji blew Sarah’s mind! She commented that not only was his photography breathtaking, at times she was holding her breath. High praise indeed!
Kiddie Holidays post about visiting Duinrell made us all want to visit. Sarah particularly loved the photos and inspiring suggestions by Jo.
Topsy Turby Tribe’s post about Córdoba with kids was selected by Karen because she loved the top tips highlighted for making the most of a visit with a family.
Emma and 3’s review of Lapland UK was also selected by Karen for she loved that you can have just as much fun at home as abroad when visiting Santa.
The overall winner of Monday Escapes #48 is Jo from Kiddie Holidays, who wins a Lonely Planet book. Congratulations Jo, I hope you put it to good use for planning your next family holiday!
Thanks to everyone who linked up to #MondayEscapes on Instagram. These were the chosen four favourite images….
Row row row your boat… It's so good to be a kid. So many activities catered for them @bintanlagoonresort! When I tried to go on the boat, it sank. 😂 * #mediainvite #bumblebeemumtravels #bintan #bintanisland #pulaubintan #bintanresorts #bintanlagoonresort #indonesiatravel #wonderfulindonesia #travelblog #travelblogger #iamtb #travelmom #travelbloggeres #mondayescapes #traveltuesday #wednesdaywanderlust #wanderfulwednesday #citytripping #myfavouritetrip #familytravelhq #sonycamera #sonya6000 #sonyalpha #SonyAlphasClub #sonyimages
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is a place for bloggers to link up their travel memories. The linky is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others.
It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too. Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new. Claire and I are your hosts this week. **You will find this fortnights linky over on Claire’s blog (Tin Box Traveller) – Monday Escapes. This week I am staying with the cruise theme and linking up my – Exploring ashore: Booking shore excursions v’s sightseeing independently. Claire is linking up her review of a cottage she stayed in recently with her family – Review Bryn Parc Mumbles
• Please make sure to include the new Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post, on your site, or a link back to the hosts.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad.
• Comment on posts by the hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great!
• If you tweet any of us your links using #MondayEscapes and we will be sure to retweet. @travellovinfam, @minitravellers, @sarahjchristie, @tinboxtraveller
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will also show those photos some love.
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself! As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post and/or hashtagged Instagram posts featured on all four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people. One lucky person will also win a lovely prize by our sponsors, Lonely Planet. How great is that?!
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday 7am to Wednesday midnight. There is also a Monday Escapes Pinterest Board – so if you’d like to start pinning some of your favourite photos, do get in touch.